Monday, April 20, 2009

Bait and switch

Bait and switch, March 3, 2009
By go joe - See all my reviews

Been a dedicated Amazon shopper for years, now until.....
Ordered this set and Blue Ray package, on the web site for a good price, thought was a fair amount, not a crazy deal like a software malfunction that dropped the price of the TV dramatically.
Got an e-mail next morning stating that they canceled the order due to "incorrect pricing" of the TV, so I canceled the entire order.
If AMAZON PERSONEL are reviewing this/these opinions; TV canceling a large order just for a few extra bucks and pissing off a dedicated shopper, in this economic environment, is a dumb thing to do. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comments (6)



7 of 19 people found the following review helpful:
Bad experience, March 3, 2009
By AmazonVictim - See all my reviews

The same happened to me.
Amazon had the TV advertized for $1,431. I placed an order and received confirmation.
Later that day I went to a local furniture store and bought a wall system to house the big TV when sony xbr9 arrives.

After assembling sony xbr9 I received the famous email from Amazon that the price was a mistake, they apologize but will NOT honor it.

Well - why am I paying for their mistake? What now, do I need to disassemble the furniture and return to the store? Pay restocking fee? What about the endless hours I am wasting with this issue?

Shouldn't someone at Amazon pay for the mistake? Maybe the one who did the mistake?
How come a company does not stand behind their own mistakes? For $200?
I remember few years ago DELL TV had the same mistake (with a difference of much more than $200). Hundreds of laptops were ordered for a wrong price. DELLS response to the media: "We will honor it".

I plan on checking the legal aspects of this TV. Post in each blog I can. Complain with Better Business Bureau and start a Face Book group for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment