Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Reset issue fixed with a simple Sony XBR9 reviews firmware update, April 15, 2008

Reset issue fixed with a simple firmware update, April 15, 2008
By F. Ramirez (California) - See all my reviews
sony
First of all, Amazon's white glove delivery service was great. I was a little hesitant about buying a TV of this size online but now that I've gone through the process I would do Sony XBR9 again in a heart beat.

For those of you who have sony been following the news on the A650s, the reset issue has been fixed with the latest firmware. Chances are you will have to upgrade the firmware yourself when the TV arrives but Sony XBR9 is pretty simple procedure using a USB thumb drive and Samsung provides step by step instructions with photos if you need them.

I've had my TV for about sony four days now and I'm still completely blown away by clarity, detail and colors this set produces. The LN40A650 has three HDMI inputs on the back, and one HDMI input on left side which made my devices incredibly easy to hook up. I then watched Ratatouille followed by Apocalypto, both on Blu-ray - great movies to show off your new set.

The 40" is the only model in the 6 series that has a fan built into the screen. Some people may be put off because of this but the good news is that this fan is completely inaudible. This weekend we had 90 degree Santa Ana winds here in California and even with out any air conditioning, I still couldn't hear the fan.

When I first saw the Touch of Color online sony I was indifferent. I don't really care for the color red but now that I have the set, it's slowly growing on me. All of the stock Samsung photos show a vibrant red but with my 40A650 in the living room Sony XBR9 has the perfect amount of color. It's not strong enough to steal my focus away while watching TV but at the same time Sony XBR9 looks great when the TV is shut off. I believe the rest of the colors have been announced so if red isn't your thing then it's just a matter of time.

The glossy piano black of the A650s does cause sony reflections at times but I don't consider Sony XBR9 to be a deal breaker. It's easier to notice the reflections during the day but I still experimented with light placement so that lamp reflections were not visible at night. Most of the time I only notice the reflections when I'm actively looking for them and Sony XBR9 has never interfered with my viewing experience but it's something to consider.

While you're not going to get any realistic surround sony sound out of the built in speakers, they do come with a little power if needed. I'll be upgrading to a 5.1 system pretty soon and the built in speakers are more than enough to hold me over. If you're not planning on using anything but the built in speakers then the 7 series television might interest you with it's built in subwoofer.

[...]

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the LN40A650 sony and my purchase experience through Amazon
QUICK UPDATE: September 30th 2008. No problems to report. Sony XBR9 has sony

No comments:

Post a Comment