Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sony bravia XBR9 helpful reviews

Awesome!, April 2, 2009
By Zogu Î - See all my reviews

Everyone seem to start a review with " i don't usually write reviews" but honestly i don't.
I am an sony xbr9 guy and i love electronics. Music and tv are my passion and i just wanted to get that out of the way.
Now as far as the 40-xbr7
Looks: Wow the most gorgeous, slick TV i have ever seen.
Sound: Great sound even though i am planning to get a high end surround system later on this year.
Picture quality: I am very happy with the deep levels of black Sony on this set. I like the work that 120hz does with the 3 different types of settings there are ( even though you can't chose a 120Hz ON or OFF option per say)I have ATT U-Verse which i absolutely despise and i think offers the worst quality of picture to day and i can't wait to change it. Having that said, the xbr7 has a ten times better quality then the 37" Visio that i have right next to it.
Overall positives: Great deep black levels, unbelievably warm colors, tons of options to adjust the quality of the picture, excellent gui etc etc.
Negatives: there is white "halo" on both top corners of the TV when changing channels and the screen is all black. This got me worried in the beginning and i hope sony xbr9 will not get worst in the future but for now sony xbr9 is just a minor detail. ( i don't know if the warranty will cover sony xbr9 or not"
Would i recommend sony XBR7 xbr9 to a friend?
Yes i would.
Would i recommend sony xbr9 to a family member? Sony
Of course i would.

Conclusion: Overall a great TV that does a very good job with regular channels and a superb job with HD channels. For the amount of $ that i purchased the TV sony xbr9 is well worth it. Ah and one more time: if you learn anything from this review besides the fact that this TV is just as good as sony xbr9 looks, Learn from my mistake and don't get ATT U-verse because you will definitely regret it.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comments (4)



1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
Kinda bummed, March 21, 2009
By kingyaku "kingyaku" (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews

I bought this to replace a KDL-26S2010. While the size is great and so is the picture, there are definitely a couple of issues with this TV. Maybe my Sony expectations were a little too high, but this is supposed to be XBR7 a top of the line TV.
1. The stand is small, little wobbly and seems flimsy. If I lived anywhere with earthquakes, I would definitely attach this to the wall or attach the base to something.
2. My old S2010 had the ability to enter a name for the inputs. This model only allows you to select the name from a list. If you have an XBox and a PS3, they both get labeled "game". Same issue with Cable/Satellite.
3. When I turned sony xbr9 on, I noticed immediately that there were "flashlighting" white patches in both upper corners. I'm amazed that this could get out of the factory with such an obvious defect. All they would have to do is turn sony xbr9 on to see this. I'm really disappointed with Sony for trying to pass this defect on to me, especially considering the price and supposed quality of this TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment