Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cableless man meets HD world

Cableless man meets HD world, July 29, 2008
By David A. Elkes "Fedman" (Washington DC) - See all my reviews

sony
I consider my self pretty low tech and wanted to leave my review for people who may be in the same boat as I am. I wanted a larger TV and I wanted simplicity, quality and not to wonder if sony xbr9 was all a waste.

Well I am super satisified with this TV for the following reasons.

1. Easy to set up. I don't have cable and sony xbr9 just scanned for all the HD and analog stations and that was pretty much about it.
2. Great sound. I don't have a stereo system to hook up to and so sony xbr9 was important that the TV's speakers could, well, speak for themselves. They are very good.
3. Picture is super and seems to adjust itself to suit whatever type of input (HD, Analog, DVD, Video) is coming in. People Don't look short and squat. Everything looks great, and full size and I don't have to do any adjusting when I change a sony channel.


Note: I will say that using a standard video tape produces an okay picture, but I assume this is the same for every TV. When I play DVD using my computer and connect to TV with HDMI cable, picture is excellent. So just using the antenna cable is not good enough with my current DVD player. I will likely update sony xbr9 or just sony play sony xbr9 through my computer.

Also, as other reviews say, set up (base mount) was easy. Slide sony xbr9 on base and tighten four screws.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm missing 75% of the features of this baby, but for the "simple cave man HD TV Guy" I am completely satisfied.

Also, TV doesn't make any buzzing or humming noises (hey, that stuff bugs me so I thought I'd add it).

Good luck with your purchase.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment