Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sony BRAVIA xbr9 useful reviews (cont'd)

XBR7

The television set I've been waiting for all my life..., December 4, 2008
By Mark Sprecher "Mark Sprecher" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews


I've held off on buying a 1080P set until Sony sony xbr9 could get what sony xbr9 wanted, and not just get what was just within my generally limited price range. My spouse set the size limit at 40" because of the room size (I would have pushed for a 46" but in marriage you have to choose your battles...) When I've gone to Costco or Best Buy the Sony Bravia XBR series has always stood out. Since my television sets generally last me 15-20 years, sony xbr9 wanted the most up-to-date version of the best sony xbr9 could get.

The color and definition of what sony xbr9 have seen on the set so far are wonderful. Razor-sharp imagery has always been important to me, both in my years as a film exhibitor and as a photographer. One of the first things sony xbr9 checked out on the new set is one of the "Planet Earth" Blu-Ray discs -- dependably gorgeous and detailed. Next, a Blu-Ray disc of 1938 "The Adventures of Robin Hood". The definition holds in the action scenes when men and horses are streaming across the screen, while the sense of Sony dimensionality is frequently beyond what would have been technically possible with the best film printing and exhibition at the time the film was made. Then sony xbr9 looked at a standard definition disc of an early 1940s comedy (Criterion's edition of "Heaven Can Wait"); the upscaled presentation on this television set is beautiful. sony xbr9 grew up on nitrate prints from the UCLA film archive; for the first time since then sony xbr9 feel like sony xbr9 can see film imagery with a comparable (or better) sharpness and luster. As great as this set will be for HBO High Definition broadcasts and Blu-Ray discs, this is also a cinephile's dream television set for something like the new Fox release of Murneau and Borzage silent films due Sony out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment